Scoliosis Therapy Centre
Our Scoliosis Therapy Centre provides Schroth Method scoliosis exercise therapy for individuals suffering with idiopathic scoliosis. We provide programs for juvenile, adolescent and adult idiopathic scoliosis.
Our Schroth Therapy Residential Programs adhere to The International Scientific Society on Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment (SOSORT) 2016 Guidelines for the conservative treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis during growth.
1. to stop curve progression at puberty (or possibly even reduce it)
2. to prevent or treat respiratory dysfunction
3. to prevent or treat spinal pain syndromes
4. to improve aesthetics via postural correction
The desired patient outcomes of individuals suffering with idiopathic scoliosis is influenced by the their age and their likely risk of progression. However, irrespective of age, improving body aesthetics, and psychological well-being are desired outcomes for both adolescent and adult patients. A prime concern of adolescents, at risk of progression, is preventing progression to avoid surgery; for adults it's preventing progression, relief of pain syndromes, and improved breathing.
A program of Schroth Method scoliosis exercise therapy is customized for patients based on their major idiopathic curvature type.
More information about the efficacy of the Schroth Method conservative treatment approach for idiopathic scoliosis, click on either of the page links below:
- Schroth Method Patient-Parent programs
- Effectiveness of Schroth exercise therapy
- Schroth Exercises Improve Bracing Effectiveness
- Preventing Scoliosis Curve Progression
- Adult Scoliosis with Quality of Life
To achieve best possible outcomes, comprehensive conservative treatment of Idiopathic Scoliosis requires a team approach composed of an Orthopaedic Surgeon, Orthotist, Therapist and if required a psychologist.