Our Pilates classes and programs are designed to help you increase your strength, flexibility, mobility, postural balance, stability and mental awareness.
Whether or not you are new to Pilates, for answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) such as: “What are the benefits of Pilates”; “What is the difference between using apparatus and just doing Matwork?”; or “How do I choose a Pilates Instructor and Studio”; plus many others, please go to pilates.org.au.
In our safe studio environment we provide clients with Pilates rehabilitation exercise programs specific to their needs. Pilates can help individuals presenting with a variety health concerns, such as the following:
- Post surgery – breast cancer, hip and knee replacement
- Frozen shoulder and rotator cuff injuries
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Facet Joint Syndrome, Spinal Stenosis, Spondylolysis & Spondylolisthesis
- Herniated Disc
- Achilles Tendinopathy, Shin Spilints, Plantar Fasciitis
- Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis
- Chronic auto-immune disorders : Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia
- Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Desease
With all of the above health concerns/conditions it is of paramount importance that medical clearance is given to commence Pilates rehabilitation exercises. Pilates practitioners are part of a team of health professionals, which includes general medical practitioners and specialists.
Taking Osteoporosis as an example, a Pilates rehabilitation exercise program for an individual with this condition would be based upon the the following:
- Progressing slowly
- Inclusion of regular weight-bearing and strengthening exercises
- Working on range of movement and functional activities
- Inclusion of warm up and cool down exercises
- Avoidance of spinal flexion or rotation
- Avoidance of inverted positioned exercises
- Avoidance of compressive exercises on the spine
Here in our studio clients enjoy their workouts on an extensive range of Pilates equipment.Pilates exercises are performed against spring tension which safely challenges and improves clients’ core strength, balance, and proprioception in standing, sitting and lying down positions.
You don’t need to be young to benefit from Pilates; testimony to this is the number clients currently in their 60s and 70s enjoying their weekly Pilates classes here in our studio.
All our Pilates classes are fully supervised and each client works to a program specific to their own needs. Clients have a choice of Pilates classes either on a one on one basis, or together with either one or two other clients, irrespective of each individual clients’s health and exercise goals.